As we put 2015 in the rear-view mirror, we’d like to celebrate our favorite achievements…
The Year that was – Looking Back on 2014…AND a Sneak Peak of 2015!
As we put 2014 in the rear-view mirror, we’d like to celebrate our favorite achievements from the last year and to share what’s in store for 2015.
Without further adieu, our top highlights in 2014 were…
• Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center was named 5th most beautiful hospital in America.
• The official “Nevada 150th” cake cutting event was hosted at the Carson Tahoe Sage Café and featured a giant 1,300-pound cake.
• The Cancer Center remains the only “Gold Level” facility in Nevada.
• Regional Medical Center remains the only “Baby-Friendly Hospital” in the region.
• Carson Tahoe Health and University of Utah Health Care teamed up to improve access to medical specialties in Nevada.
• The Carson Tahoe Continuing Care Hospital was awarded for excellence in patient safety and received 5 Bright Spot awards by HealthInsights and the Nevada Hospital Association.
• Carson Tahoe Health achieved an “A” safety rating from The Leapfrog Group.
• Carson Tahoe Health, in partnership with REMSA, implemented a 24/7 nurse health line offered at no cost to the community.
• Carson Tahoe Health created the Wellness Mile trail system located at the main Regional Medical Center.
• A new blog (you’re reading it!) and physician directory were launched to ensure the community has online access to wellness and system information at their fingertips.
• The Women’s Health Institute expanded and is now an arm of the new Health & Wellness Institute. The Health & Wellness Institute offers enhanced services for all ages and genders, as well as a variety of new programs.
• Carson Tahoe Health was selected as the first hospital in Nevada to perform a new, innovative therapy for Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) patients. • Carson Tahoe Health system celebrated 65 years of dedicated service to the community.
• A new patient portal was launched, allowing Regional Medical Center inpatients to securely view their health records anytime, anywhere online.
…And, in case you’re curious, here’s a quick preview of what’s to come in 2015…
• Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center celebrates its 10th year in December.
• To celebrate the completion of the recent system-wide medical imaging upgrades, Carson Tahoe Health will host an open-house at Great Basin Imaging in February.
• Carson Tahoe Health sponsored a new heart exhibit called “Inside Out: An Anatomy Experience” at the Terry Lee Wells Discovery Museum. The exhibit is expected to open later this year.
Stay tuned for more exciting news in the year (and years!) to come. Here’s to your health!