You’ve heard it so many times that it’s practically drilled into your head: If you want to be healthy, you have to eat your veggies. From the green and leafy to the orange-and-red crunch, vegetables are packed with good stuff such as vitamins A and C, fiber, folate, and potassium. That said, they’re not everybody’s favorite, but slathering them in high-calorie sauces or tossing them in the fryer negates all nutritional benefits.
If you’re looking for a way be healthy and please your taste buds, you’ve come to the right place. Whip up these five dips to get those vegetables in while pleasing your palate.
2 ripe avocados
1 mango, peeled & sliced
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
Lime juice (from 1 lime)
Salt to taste
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Stir in the onion, red pepper, and garlic. Once combined, add in the mango, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir again.
- Add salt to taste, stirring one last time before serving.
High-Fiber Parmesan Dip
5 garlic cloves
30 ounces Cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup Light Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. lightly chopped oregano
4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the garlic and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Once coated, wrap in tin foil and bake for about 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Next, place the garlic, beans, cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. Slowly add in the remaining olive oil, blending as you do.
- Serve immediately, or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Delicious Dill Dip
1/2 cup plan low-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp. Dill, freshly chopped
1 Tbsp. onion soup mix powder
1/2 Tbsp. pureed garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and onions, sautéing for 2-4 minutes or until onions are clear. Remove from heat.
- In another bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, sour cream, dill, and onion soup mix powder. Once combined, stir in onions and serve immediately.
- Top with salt and pepper if desired.
Refreshing Cucumber Dip
1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 cup cucumber, diced & peeled
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix together the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add in onion flakes, garlic, onion powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Add in cucumber and stir once more until well mixed. Serve immediately.
Spicy Mexican Dip
1 cup spicy salsa
1/2 package (4 oz.) fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
2 ounces precooked shrimp, diced
2 green onions, finely sliced
- Combine the salsa, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese.
- Once well mixed, stir in shrimp and green onions.
- Blend together and serve immediately.