The vastness of the Black Rock Desert playa allows for a multitude of diverse and…
12 Clever Camping Tricks to Try this Summer
These tips and tricks will help ensure that you’ll be a totally happy camper this summer.
1. Adding sage to your campfire or fire pit keeps mosquitoes and bugs away.
2. A miniature Tic Tac box makes a great miniature tackle box.
3. Kids can make an adorable and easy keepsake bracelet out of duct tape.
They can stick things on, like tiny pebbles, flowers, or leaves, and create a souvenir from their nature walk. Just make sure the sticky side is on the outside.
4. Make a last-minute camping spoon with a knife and a plastic bottle.
5. Keep your toiletries hooked onto a shower caddy.
6. A 16-ounce water bottle will hold 8–9 large eggs.
7. Corn chips (like Fritos or Doritos) make a great substitute kindling when starting a fire.
8. Your deodorant doubles as a mosquito bite itch queller.
9. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor.
10. Paint the inside of a jar with non-toxic glow-in-the-dark paint for an easy DIY lantern.
Get full instructions here.
11. Familiarize yourself with what the poisonous plants look like.
12. Use an empty laundry detergent dispenser as a hand-washing station.