The vastness of the Black Rock Desert playa allows for a multitude of diverse and…
Local Rock Climbing Lessons & Guided Tours to Try this Summer
Ever wanted to try rock climbing? This exciting sport offers the perfect opportunity to connect with your kids, family and friends in the summertime. The beautiful settings of the local climbing sites provide a picturesque venue to learn the ins and outs of this exciting sport. Check out these local rock climbing tours and lessons, and get ready for an exciting adventure!
Tours & Lessons
1. NASTC in Truckee (530) 582-4772, email: [email protected]) – NASTC offers rock climbing lessons for the beginner/novice climber as well as intermediate and advanced climbers. NASTC has been guiding Tahoe – Truckee area for almost 20 years. Donner Summit has some of the best climbing granite in the world with a variety of pitches. It’s an ideal location to learn how to climb and to hone in your skills on the more advanced and technical pitches. With your own personal NASTC climbing guide, you set the pace and challenge for each climb.
2. Tahoe Adventure Company North Shore (530) 913-9212 or Toll Free (866) 830-6125, website) – The mountains and crags in and around the Lake Tahoe Basin offer a great opportunity for rock climbing. All guides are AMGA (American Mountain Guide Association) affiliated with extensive experience in the field. Your Tahoe Adventure Company climbing guide will take care of all the details of your trip and offer complete instruction for all levels of climbers. Courses available at Donner Summit near North Lake Tahoe and Lover’s Leap, Phantom Spires and Sugarloaf near South Lake Tahoe.
3. Alpine Skills International (530) 426-9108) – Climb at Donner Pass or Lover’s Leap with experienced climbing guides. Personable guides provide fun times and share a wealth of climbing knowledge.
4. In Stone Rock Climbing Instruction and Guiding (530) 559-7136, [email protected]) – Enjoy over 20 years of experience with your personal rock climbing instructor and guide, Chris Baumann. Your trip will be customized to your abilities and motivation level.
Rock Climbing Resources
Check out these guides and resources to help jump-start your journey beforehand…
2. Biggest Myths & Fears Debunked
3. Safety Tips
If you could go rock climbing anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Tell us in the comments below…