Let's face it: parenting can be tough. Moms and dads are always looking for ways…
20 Clever Life Hacks that Can Help Make Life Easier
It’s the little things that go a long way in life, right? So, to help make your life a little easier, we’ve rounded up some of the best tricks, tips and life hacks that anyone can enjoy! From scrumptiously delicious food hacks, to time saving cleaning tips, here are 20 clever life hacks to help simplify your world.
1. Keep the color in your clothes brighter by adding a pinch of salt to your laundry load.
2. Use a strong magnet to find nails and studs in your wall.
3. Out of AA batteries? Simply use AAA batteries and fill the gap on the positive side with a small wad of tin foil.
4. Make your cottage cheese and sour cream last twice as long by storing the containers upside down. This forms a vacuum and prevents bacteria.
5. Use toothpaste to hang picture frames – Put a dab of toothpaste on the frame where you need the nails to be. Press against the wall to leave marks (which can later be wiped) as guides for hammering in.
6. Looking for a healthy cream substitute for cream based soups? Boil and cook cauliflower in water with a little salt, then blend with water for desired consistency.
7. Store ready to blend healthy smoothie packs in zip-lock bags in your freezer for a quick, on-the-go meal.
8. Keep bananas fresher & prevent them from browning by wrapping the stems in plastic wrap
9. Rub a walnut on a scratched wood surface to make it disappear.
10. Stuck in snow? Use your floor mats – put them right under your tires to create easy traction.
11. Fix a scratch on an LED screen by rubbing an eraser on it until it disappears.
12. Use crayons for emergency light – put them in a glass cup or on a plate and light. They will burn for hours.
13. Prevent bathroom mirrors from fogging up by wiping them down with disinfecting wipes (it will last for a few days).
14. Easy homemade air conditioner – Point your fan at a few frozen water bottles (2-3 tbsp salt in each). Refreeze at end of each day.
15. Do you ever get deodorant on your shirt when putting it on? Rub a dryer sheet on it to take it off!
16. Chill any beverage in 10 minutes by wrapping it in a wet paper towel and placing it in the freezer. Your drink will come out ice cold in 10 minutes!
17. Use a can opener to open difficult plastic packaging.
18. Coat the undersides of your shaving cream can, metal soap dish, or any other rust-causing culprits with clear nail polish, which puts a protective layer between the item and your pearly white tub.
19. When washing windows, wipe vertically outside and horizontally inside (or vice versa). If you see streaks, you’ll know which side to redo!
20. Wash your potatoes in the dishwasher without soap. And wash your kid’s toys in the dishwasher with soap!
Adapted via Life Tricks website.