With fall here, it is the perfect time to strap on your tennis shoes, and…
8 Natural Ways to Fall Asleep
Have you ever experienced those nights where you toss and turn and can’t seem to fall into blissful sleep? Or, do you suffer from those nights regularly? We’ve scoured the net for some all-natural remedies you can try at home before you see your doctor. However, we do recommend that if you do suffer from ongoing insomnia, you should seek a professional’s help. Sleep is required for your body to function normally and maintain mental clarity and energy during the day.
Here are the top 8 natural tips!
- Magnesium and calcium. Both of these are sleep booster and when taken together they are even more effective. Plus, taking magnesium regularly helps with you overall heart health.
- Wild lettuce. It is known to aid in calming and restlessness by reducing anxiety. Another benefit of it is that it helps ease anxiety, headaches, and muscle or joint pain!
- Hops. These aren’t just for beer! They have a calming effect and have been widely used as a mild sedative for anxiety and insomnia.
- Aromatherapy. Before you start laughing, it really does have calming properties. Lavender is the most effective, find a spray with lavender oil in it and spray it over your pillow before you go to bed. Lavender is said to help you slip into a peaceful slumber.
- Melatonin. This one we are sure you are somewhat familiar with. It is actually the hormone that controls sleep, so it’s no surprise that it helps induce sleep. Studies have shown that low doses are more effective.- Always consult a doctor before considering taking supplements.