With coronavirus top of mind for most of the country, and as cases are being…
For information on respiratory symptoms and when to seek care, please call the COVID-19 Carson City Health & Human Services Hot Line at (775) 434-1988. * Please note this is an updated phone number as of 11/16/20.
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Carson Tahoe Medical Group, nor any other Carson Tahoe location is offering community vaccinations at this time. Please visit Carson City Health & Human Services for more information.
Please know we are not doing asymptomatic testing. Our Carson City Urgent Care is only testing patients who are symptomatic or have a doctor’s orders. For asymptomatic testing, visit Carson City Health and Human Services. If you are symptomatic and require immediate care, please go to our Emergency Department at our Regional Medical Center or dial 9-1-1.
Our Midtown Drive-Thru COVID-19 testing tent is currently closed. Carson Tahoe will still be administering COVID-19 testing for symptomatic patients and non-symptomatic patients with a doctor’s order, at our Carson City Urgent Care and Dayton Urgent Care.
COVID-19 Test Results
If you visited our Carson Tahoe Urgent Care and got tested for COVID-19, you will be notified as soon as your test results are ready. If you are signed up in MyChart, you will be able to view your results as soon as they are posted. To know more about your Covid-19 discharge information, click here.
Please note: As part of our efforts in decreasing the risk of contracting COVID-19, we have temporarily closed our Request of Information window for walk-in patients. (Effective 11/18)
- For quick access to medical records prior to October 10, 2020 you can access your records through the Follow My Health patient portal
- For services received on or after October 10, 2020, records and results can be accessed through Carson Tahoe’s new patient portal, MyChart
- Request records via email by completing the Release of Information Authorization form and sending it to email@example.com
- Call (775) 445-8585 to request your records be sent to any provider’s office
- Mail the Release of Information Authorization form to:
Carson Tahoe Health Medical Records
P.O. Box 2168
Carson City, NV 89702
Based on guidance from the CDC and the principal of social distancing, Carson Tahoe Health is taking measures to protect patients, visitors, and staff from the potential spread of COVID-19.
New Visitor Limitation Guidelines (01/26/2021):
- All in-patients are allowed one visitor at a time from the hours of 3 – 6 p.m.
- At any time:
- A laboring patient may be accompanied by two designated birth partners.
- A pediatric patient may be accompanied by one caregiver, or both parents/guardians.
- An incapacitated, disoriented, or confused patient may be accompanied by one caregiver.
- A surgery patient may have one visitor in pre-op and post-op.
- ICU & ED status patients will be allowed one visitor. For ICU status patients who have been put on comfort care, or are clinically deteriorating, additional family members may be allowed in on a case-by-case basis; at the caregiver’s discretion.
- Children under the age of 12 will not be permitted to visit.
- All patients, visitors, and employees will still be screened for symptoms upon entry, must wear a mask, and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All visitors will be able to enjoy Sage Café, Midtown Café, and Starbucks when on-site to visit.
Isolation units will remain on a no visitor restriction except if a patient is critically ill or deteriorating.
Thank you for your patience and understanding to help us keep our community safe!
Controlled Access & Location Closures
The main entrance and emergency room entrance at the Regional Medical Center will be the only way for the public to enter the facility. The Regional Medical Center main entrance will be open from 6:00am to 6:00pm. Before 6:00am or after 6:00pm all public access is through the main emergency department entrance.
Please be aware that upon entrance into all Carson Tahoe locations, you will be screened for cough and fever, as well as asked to use hand sanitizer. If symptomatic, the patient will be given a mask and isolated for further screening, or even be asked to leave the facility to self-isolate. All staff, patients, and visitors are wearing masks for an additional safety precaution. If you do not have one upon entry, you will be given one.
Carson Tahoe Medical Group (CTMG) is still open for in-person visits. Additionally, they are utilizing telemedicine through Zoom and telephone to conduct patient follow-up visits. Please know Carson Tahoe Medical Group, nor any other Carson Tahoe location is offering community vaccinations at this time. Please visit Carson City Health & Human Services for more information.
If you are seeking medical attention regarding something other than respiratory concerns, please visit our Urgent or Emergent Care.
Elective Procedures & Sierra Surgery Update: Effective Monday, January 25, we will bring back imaging, labs, EKG testing, and being to schedule more procedures at Sierra Surgery as capacity allows.
- Adjustments are being made as needed to best utilize our resources and provide for our community.
- Emergency surgeries/procedures have not been suspended.
Access To Care
Please stay home if you’re feeling sick. If you feel you need medical attention for respiratory illness/cough/fever, please call the Carson City Health & Human Services COVID-19 hotline (775) 434-1988 to determine if you need to seek further medical care. If you have worsening shortness of breath, please visit the Emergency Department.
Emergency Department Tent at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center
Effective end-of-day Friday, January 22, we will be closing the tent outside our ED. Carson Tahoe will still be administering COVID-19 testing for symptomatic patients and non-symptomatic patients with a doctor’s order, at our Carson City Urgent Care and Dayton Urgent Care.
All Walmart Clinics are now open. Click here for Walmart Clinic hours and locations.
CTH reminds community members and visitors alike that the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to COVID-19:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfecting wipe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Practice social distancing
Ways to Support Carson Tahoe Health Patients and Caregivers
We have always known that our strength is in our people. When we all come together, we can meet any challenge. As we rise to meet the healthcare challenges currently facing our community, we encourage you to lend your support in the following ways:
Send Love, Cheer, and Art through the Mail. Support our COVID-19 Response with Monetary Gifts. Donate Personal Protective Equipment. For more information, please visit our Join Our Effort to Prepare for the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Given the current national supply shortages, we are encouraging donation of the following protective equipment, as we may need it down the road:
- Masks (N-95 preferred) – Click here for homemade masks instructions
- Head coverings
- Disposable surgical gowns
- Shoe covers
- Eye protection
- Face Shields
- Hand Sanitizer
If you would like to donate these items, please pull up to the front entrance of the Carson Tahoe Health Regional Medical Center at 1600 Medical Parkway in Carson City between 9AM and 5PM, Monday thru Friday. A staff member will be present to receive your donation. If you have a question about whether we need other items donated, please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send all art, letters, cards, and monetary donations to:
Carson Tahoe Health
ATTN: Center for Philanthropy
1600 Medical Parkway
Carson City, Nevada 89703
Monetary donations can be mailed to the above address, or you can donate online at carsontahoe.com/give.
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 3.09.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 3.13.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 3.19.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 3.20.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 3.24.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 11.13.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 11.17.2020
- Carson Tahoe COVID-19 Media Statement 11.18.2020
- A Happy Delivery During An Uncertain Time
- Access To Care From The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- American Sign Language (ASL) COVID-19 Information & Videos
- CDC Quarantine Scenarios
- Coronavirus Protection & Prevention Information Carson Tahoe Health
- Carson City Human Health and Services
- Center for Disease Control
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades
- COVID-19 & Your Mental Health
- COVID-19 Cases Interactive Infographic
- Free Asymptomatic Testing Through Carson City Health & Human Services (English and Spanish)
- It’s COVID-19 AND Flu Season?
- Navigating COVID With A Disability
- Substance Use During The COVID-19 Outbreak
- Symptom Checker: COVID-19, Flu & Cold
- What Is Social Distancing And How Do I Do It?
- World Health Organization