Try this tasty snack for a power boost the next time you’re out and about!…
Diabetes-Friendly Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
November is Diabetes Awareness month! At Carson Tahoe Health, we believe diabetes education and support is an important resource. Whether you’re practicing self-management for your own diabetes care, need assistance learning to help care for a loved one, or are just looking to learn about prevention, we’re here for you every step of the way.
Join Bridget Wood, RD, LD, and follow along as she makes a pumpkin mousse recipe for national diabetes awareness month!
Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- 1 can pumpkin puree (Not pumpkin filling!)
- 1 T of Sugar Substitute of your choice (I used a blend of erythritol, monk fruit, and chicory root)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream (store bought or homemade using substitute)
- Crushed Graham Crackers (for topping
- Shaved Dark Chocolate (for topping)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
1. Open the can of pumpkin puree and place into a large bowl. Mix the tablespoon of sugar substitute into the puree until well blended (can add more to increase sweetness).
2. Add in about 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the pumpkin puree. Mix well.
3. Carefully fold in 1 ½ cups of whipped cream into the pumpkin puree mixture until color of the entire mixture lightens.
4. Place into desired serving containers and top with additional whipped cream, crushed graham crackers, and shaved dark chocolate.
(mixture can be made ahead of time and chilled)