Tired of your same, go-to salad recipe? Kim Mason, a Registered Dietician at Carson Tahoe…
Red Bean Wraps
Healthy Spin on a Southwest Classic!
15 oz. cans red beans or pinto beans (drained)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 clove garlic
1 Anaheim chili (seeded and finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sweet onion (finely chopped )
1 large tomato (chopped)
1-2 cup pre-washed salad mix
1. Process beans, cilantro, garlic, chili and salt in a food processor until smooth.
2. For warm wraps, heat the bean mixture in a microwave. Omit this step for cold wraps.
3. Warm a tortilla in a dry skillet until soft.
4. Spread ¼ of the bean mixture in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons salsa.
5. Top with 2 tablespoons onion, ¼ of the tomato and ¼ to ½ cup salad mix.
6. Roll the tortilla around the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas.