Diabetes friendly and heart healthy chicken soup recipe
Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup
Not a fan of soup? This recipe will change your mind about that!
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
3/4lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
14fl oz fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
14.5oz stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 large lime cut into 4 wedges
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add minced garlic and chicken; sauté 2 minutes.
3. Add chile powder and cumin; stir well.
4. Add water, salt, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Top with tortilla chips and cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.