If you’ve stepped foot in a grocery store recently you may have noticed the explosion…
15 New Ways to Use Protein Powder
Looking for a new way to use protein powder? Think outside of the shake! There are countless ways you can use protein powder to create healthy and delicious recipes and boost the protein contents of your favorite foods. Check out the many ideas and recipes below.
1. Muffins: Try High-Protein, Low-Sugar Blueberry Muffins! These muffins have 10 grams of protein–and less than a teaspoon of sugar and oil–in each one. Sweet, moist, and delicious, pack one of these tasty treats in your gym bag for a post-workout snack!
2. Pancakes: This sweet breakfast just got a bit healthier, thanks to these protein pancake recipes! These Protein Powder & Wheat Mini Pancakes look especially good.
3. Pudding: From scratch or from a mix, pudding and protein powder are a perfect pair!
4. Smoothies: Give your staying power with one of these recipes. The carrot cake protein shake will certainly quell your sweet tooth!
5. Cakes: Swap up to half the flour in your cake recipe with protein powder. Add an additional 1/2 cup of water. Portion control your sweets by making cupcakes!
6. Protein Fudge: Enough said!
7. Yogurt: Stir 1-2 scoops protein powder into your favorite yogurt! Top with your favorite extras: nuts, fruit, chocolate chips–anything!
8. Milkshake: Mix 1 cup skim or non-dairy milk, 6 ice cubes and 1-2 scoops protein powder in a blender. For a creamier milkshake, use ice cubes made of milk!
9. Coffee: Create a better-for-you frozen drink with Protein Powder Chocolate Frappucino
11. “Dough balls”: You’ll swear these taste just like cookie dough!
12. Cookies: Speaking of cookies, how about some Protein Powder Cookies?
13. Oatmeal: Add one scoop vanilla protein powder to your usual oats recipe.
14. Cheesecake: Even cheesecake can get a boost of protein. Check out this recipe for details!
15. No-Bake Protein Bars: These hunger-busting bars are ready in a snap, and they’re perfect for a hike or an after-workout snack.