Breastfeeding leads to best outcomes for moms & babies.
Changing up your Beauty Routine while Pregnant
Most mommies to be are aware of precautions to take in their diet, however it’s important to be aware of pregnancy- recommended skincare products as well. Here are a few pointers you can incorporate into you skincare and beauty routine from skin care expert and author of the book “Belli Beautiful,” Melissa Schweiger.
- “Instead of applying mascara at the roots of the lashes, apply it only onto the tips of the lashes.”
- “Stage a ban on all synthetic perfumes. Instead, use essential oils (we love jasmine and citrus scents) and dab them onto your hair.”
- “Rather than getting a single process hair color that sits on the scalp, opt for highlights instead. Or get an ammonia-free glaze to keep the grays at bay. But wait until the second trimester to do any hair coloring treatment. Our motto is ‘When in doubt, wait it out!’”
- “Stay away from finger bowls and foot spas at the nail salon. Instead ask for a waterless manicure and pedicure.”
- “Swap your highly pigmented red lipstick for a gloss.”
- “Shampoo every other time – or even every third time – you wash your hair to lessen the number of chemicals you’re putting on your scalp. And apply conditioner to only the ends of the hair.”
- “Cancel your waxing appointment and throw away any depilatories or body and facial bleach. Laser hair removal is also a definite pregnancy no-no. Instead stick to good old shaving for the body and plucking or threading for the face.”