Oh so muddy! Ingredients 1 yellow cake mix; prepared as directed 1/2 cup cocoa powder…
Creative Carrot Cake
A new spin on an old favorite!
1 can Cooking spray
1 cup boiling water
2 cups carrots (finely shredded)
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
2/3 cups shreds of wheat bran cereal ((All Bran) )
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3 medium eggs
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
Note: You don’t really need an electric mixer if you don’t have one.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 13x9x2 inch pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
3. Pour boiling water over carrots; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed pineapple and cereal; let stand 5 minutes.
5. Beat carrots and all remaining ingredients into cereal mixture at low speed of an electric mixer for 1 minutes, scraping bowl constantly.
6. Increase mixer speed to medium speed for 2 minutes.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar
Nutritional Information Per serving: 192 calories; 6grams fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 220mg sodium