A new spin on an old favorite! Serves 18 Ingredients 1 can Cooking spray 1…
Mississippi Mud Cake
Oh so muddy!
1 yellow cake mix; prepared as directed
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups brown sugar
10oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup hot water
3/4 cups chopped pecans
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Line the bottom and sides of a 12″ Dutch oven with heavy foil.
2. To the oven add prepared cake mix.
3. In a separate bowl combine all “Mud” ingredients and stir until well mixed.
4. Pour mud mixture over the cake batter.
5. Cover Dutch oven and bake using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top for 60-90 minutes replenishing coals after 60 minutes if cake is not done.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans over top of cake about 5 minutes before cake is done.
7. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar just before service.
8. Serve warm with whipped cream.