Tasty, healthy, easy recipe!
Toasted Oatmeal Coconut Bars
Sometimes, a yummy breakfast bar just hits the spot. And, sometimes they can also break the bank! So, why not make them on your own?! We found this great recipe from the blog The Purple Carrot for how to make these deliciously filling toasted oatmeal coconut bars. So, without further ado…
What you need
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I used finely shredded)
- 3 cups all purpose gluten free flour (or flour of your choice)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Optional: extra shredded coconut and drizzle of honey for topping
How to make
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a sheet pan and toast in the oven while prepping ingredients, stirring to make sure it browns evenly and watching closely to see it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the bowl or a stand mixer, beat the coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until combined and comes together in clumps. It will be crumbly.
- Add oats, nut butter, toasted coconut, and milk and mix until incorporated.
- Press dough into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Optional: top with a layer of shredded coconut and drizzle of honey for extra flavor and texture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing.