Healthy, easy, tasty snack featuring kale, a leading superfood
Lasagna Toast Recipe
Ever tried lasagna toast? It’s delicious – Check it out!
4 slice(s) (1/2-inch thick each) Italian bread
1 medium (8-ounce) zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
4 (3 ounces each) ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
4 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat toaster oven to 450 degrees F. Toast bread 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- In microwave-safe medium bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, and oil. Microwave on High 4 minutes, stirring once. Add tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper; cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice basil leaves; reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish. In small bowl, combine basil, ricotta, Romano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture on each bread slice. Using slotted spoon, divide tomato mixture evenly among bread slices; top with mozzarella.
- In single layer on foil-lined toaster oven tray (working in batches if necessary), bake toasts 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and mozzarella is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with reserved basil.