Tasty, healthy, easy recipe!
Healthy, Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe for the Fall
Today was our first day of snow here in Northern Nevada – And it’s days like this that make us want to snuggle up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate. Unfortunately, instant hot chocolate packets are loaded with sugar and calories. Instead, try this tasty, healthy spin on hot chocolate that’s loaded with beta-carotene, healthy fats, warming spices that have and antioxidant boost, and best of all – rich, decadent chocolate that is packed with vitamins and minerals (cacao is a superfood!). It’s the perfect drink to warm you up on a cool fall day.
• 1 can organic coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
• 2 Tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
• 2 Tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice)
Stove Top Directions:
Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour into a medium sized sauce pan and heat over medium heat setting, stirring occasionally, until warm. Approximately 5 minutes. Enjoy!