Healthy, easy, tasty snack featuring kale, a leading superfood
Hey Garlic Lovers – Get Your Fiesta On with this Healthy Roasted Garlic Guacamole Recipe
Fresh, homemade guacamole has to be one of the tastiest snacks on the planet. Add garlic to the mix for an even more delicious (and healthy!) flavor…
• 6 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
• 6 ripe medium avocados
• ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
• 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus more if desired
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Place unpeeled garlic in a small dry skillet over medium heat; cook, turning occasionally, until soft and blackened in spots, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool, then slip off the skins; finely chop.
2. Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl. Add the garlic, cilantro, and lime juice to taste.
3. Coarsely mash everything together. Season with salt.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables. Makes 16 servings (4 cups).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1/4 Cup)
Fat grams: 21 (4g saturated, 10g monounsaturated)
Added Sugar: 0g
For more information on nutrition services, visit here.