Prepared with your health in mind by Carson Tahoe Health's Dieticians Ingredients 1 cup plain…
Tequila-Glazed Chicken and Corn on the Cob
6 6-ounce bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
3/4 cups pineapple juice
1/3 cup tequila
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 can Cooking spray
1 medium Jalapeno pepper
7 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 medium ears shucked corn
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat using both burners.
2. After preheating, turn the left burner off (leave the right burner on).
3. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over chicken.
4. Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan; cook until reduced to a cup (about 10 minutes).
5. Combine cornstarch and 2 tsp water in a small bowl, and stir well.
6. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
7. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tbs lime juice, and red pepper.
9. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over the right burner (direct heat).
10. Cover and grill for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture.
11. Move the chicken to the grill rack over left burner (indirect heat).
12. Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.
Corn on the Cob:
13. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
14. Place jalapeno on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill for 10 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning occasionally.
15. Place jalapeno in a small paper bag, and fold tightly to seal. Let stand for 5 minutes.
16. Peel and discard skins; cut jalapeno in half lengthwise. Discard stem, seeds, and membranes. Finely chop jalapeno.
17. Combine jalapeno, butter, lime rind, honey, and salt in a small bowl; stir well.
18. Place corn on grill rack. Cover and grill for 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
19. Place corn on serving plate; brush with jalapeno butter.
20. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burner (direct heat).
• Chicken: Calories 241; Fat 7.6g; Protein 18g; Carb 17.2g; Fiber 0.4g; Chol 64mg; Iron 1.2mg; Sodium 374mg; Calc 19mg
• Corn: Calories 124; Fat 5.5g; Protein 3g; Carb 19.2g; Fiber 2.5g; Chol 12mg; Iron 0.5mg; Sodium 113mg; Calc 4mg.