This is a great recipe! Serves 12 Ingredients 1 thick slice bacon 1 cup sour…
Dutch Oven Pot Roast
2 tablespoons bacon grease or olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dry rosemary; rubbed
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 medium yellow onions; sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4-5 cloves garlic; sliced
1 bay leaf
3-4lb beef chuck roast
1 teaspoon black pepper
To taste salt and pepper
1-2lb baby carrots
1 teaspoon hot beef stock or broth
6-8 medium red potatoes; skins on, cut into chunks
1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1. Heat a 12″ deep Dutch oven using 20-22 briquettes bottom until oven is hot.
2. Add bacon grease or olive oil, rosemary, and onions; cook 2-3 minutes until you start to see a little color on the onions then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute longer.
3. In a large measuring cup combine the beef stock, barbecue sauce, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, bay leaf, and black pepper; stir to mix then pour juice slowly into the oven.
4. Season the roast with salt and pepper then add roast to oven and cover with as many of the onions as you can.
5. Replace the lid then reduce the number of coals on the bottom to 10 and place 14-16 coals on the lid.
6. Cook for 30 minutes rotating oven every 15 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes add carrots and potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley flakes.
8. Replace the lid and continue baking for 60-90 minutes until vegetables are fork-tender.