For the Grizzly Adams in you... Serves 10-12 Ingredients 1lb bacon 10-12 medium potatoes (sliced)…
Grown-up Grilled Cheese
It’s good to be a grown up with this recipe.
1 can Cooking spray
1 cup vertically sliced red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
4oz shredded reduced-fat sharp white cheddar cheese
8 medium slices hearty white bread
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
8 medium slices tomato
6 medium slices center-cut bacon, cooked
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray.
3. Add 1 cup onion and garlic; cook for 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Top each slice with 1/2 cup spinach, 2 tomato slices, 2 tablespoons onion mixture, and 1 1/2 bacon slices. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese; top with the remaining 4 bread slices.
5. Heat skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place sandwiches in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.